To manage everything that happens with your account including payments, subscriptions, channel additions, and more, you need to set up a Roku PIN. This PIN is usually of four digits and you can set up this PIN directly from your account. This will ensure that nobody else except you can gain access to your Roku account and misuse it. But, the main problem arises when you forget this PIN and do not know how to reset it. Fortunately, there is a quick and easy way for Roku PIN reset about which we are going to discuss in the latter part of this document.
What is my Roku PIN and how to create, update, and use it?
As said earlier, a Roku PIN is required when you make purchases or subscribe to premium video content from your Roku account by ensuring that nobody makes an invalid purchase from your account.
Creating a new Roku PIN:
- To create a new Roku PIN, go to my.Roku.com
- Now, sign in to your Roku account
- Click on the “Update” button under “PIN Preferences”
- Choose how you’d like to use your PIN
- The next screen will now prompt you to create a new PIN
- Enter a four-digit number and then verify it
- Click “Save changes” and be sure to agree to the terms
Updating an existing PIN:
- To update your Roku PIN, go to my.Roku.com
- Log into your Roku account, if not done
- Select the “Update” button for “PIN Preferences”
- Now, enter your new PIN and click “Save Changes”
Using a Roku PIN:
- you can use the PIN that you created at go.Roku.com/PIN for the purpose of restricting purchases from your Roku account
- But, once you make a purchase from your account, it cannot be canceled and you won’t get a refund as well
- Whenever you make a purchase from your Roku account, you’ll be asked to enter this PIN
- For buying any of the accessories available on the Roku platform, you are required to enter this PIN for making payments via Roku Pay
- For restricting purchases from your account, you should also Change Roku Password often so that nobody can access your account
Moving on to our main topic of discussion i.e. Roku PIN Reset, let us now discuss the procedure to do so.
Forgot Roku account PIN? Reset it this way
Resetting a Roku PIN is easy as you simply need to update it for resetting the PIN. During the Roku PIN reset, you will not be asked to enter your older PIN. Thus, you can easily reset this PIN by simply logging into your account. Here is the method to reset the PIN:
- Go to the go.Roku.com/PIN reset page
- Log in with your Roku account credentials
- Select the “Update” button present under the PIN Preferences tab
- Choose your new PIN > verify the PIN > Save the changes
This is how you can perform the Roku PIN code reset process in just a few simple steps.
How do I fix Roku invalid PIN error?
Even if you are entering the correct Roku PIN for making purchases and you are still getting an invalid PIN error, then you should try entering your PIN after waiting for some time. If it still shows the incorrect or invalid PIN error, then you may opt for the Roku PIN reset. A user can easily do this directly from his Roku account or by navigating to the go.Roku.com/PIN page.
Fix Roku PIN is not working
There are a few ways through which you can fix the Roku PIN Not working problem:
- Confirm your PIN before submitting- before you submit your PIN for making the purchases, please verify its correctness.
- Roku tv reset- you can also perform a factory reset on the Roku device you are using by navigating to the Advanced System Settings and then linking your device once again via Roku.com/link.
- Roku PIN Reset- this is the best way that you should opt for if you face any issues with your PIN.
You can also reset Roku remote if you are having issues with using your remote.
That’s all folks! This article focuses mainly on Roku PIN reset. But, we have also mentioned some other related topics to help you in a better way. If you like this article or found it helpful, do not forget to bookmark it and share it with others.