Having too many channels on Roku TV can bother you especially when you have to pick your favourite channels. Too many channels mean spending more time scrolling through. So, in such cases, you can delete all the channels that you don’t want on your Roku TV. However, it is easy to restore them later, but in the meanwhile, you can remove unwanted channels. Removing those channels list is a simple and quick process. All you have to follow some simple steps on your Roku TV or Roku app. Here, in this article, we have mentioned the exact steps that you need to follow to know how to delete channels on Roku.
How to Delete Channels on Roku?
If you do not have to watch any installed channels on your Roku anymore, you can delete them. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, press the Home button on the Roku remote to open the main Roku interface.
- Now, use the arrow buttons and find the channel that you wish to remove.
- Press the Star key (*) on the Roku remote.
- Choose Remove channel from the list of options that appear on the screen.
- At last, select the Remove option from the verification window that appears.
Once you are done with these steps, the channel will be removed from your device. You can check if by locating the icon of the channel as it will no longer appear on the screen. Even if you have permanently deleted the channel from your device, you can add it back using your account and a 4-digit PIN.
How do I Remove Channels from Roku Channel Store?
You can even remove a channel directly from the store. For this:
- Tap the Home button on your remote and select Streaming Channels to open the store window.
- Locate the channel that you have to delete and press the OK button on the remote.
- From the list of options that appear on the screen, select Remove channel.
- At last, click the OK button to confirm the removal process.
Steps to Remove Channel Using Roku Mobile App
You can remove multiple channels on Roku or even a single channel too using its mobile app. The Roku phone app allows you to delete channels even if you are away from home. This is a great option, especially when you have to urgently prevent someone from watching certain channels. Just apply the following steps:
- If you have the Roku Mobile App, open it.
- Choose the Channels from the home screen appearing at the bottom of the app.
- Click the “My Channels” option located at the top of the screen to check the channel list.
- Click and hold the channel that you have to remove. Then, the channel menu will open on the screen.
- Click the Remove button on the channel menu.
- The app will then ask you to confirm, and click OK.
After completing the above steps, the selected channel will be disappeared from both the list on the app and your Roku account.
How to Cancel Roku Channel Subscriptions?
If you can’t remove the channel from Roku, you can opt to cancel its channel subscription. If you have an active subscription to a channel, you can’t delete a Roku channel until you cancel it. Follow the below-given steps to cancel the active Roku subscriptions:
- Open any web browser on your device or phone and visit the Roku official website.
- Sign in to your account if you aren’t already and navigate to the My Account section.
- Click the Manage your subscriptions link located under the Manage account section on the page.
- After that, you can check your current subscriptions under the Active Subscriptions section. If there is any subscription in an active state, unsubscribe if you no longer need it and want to delete it.
After successfully unsubscribing to the channel that you no longer want, you can delete it. To delete the channels, you can use the steps mentioned in the above sections of the article.
Hope, the above steps help you to delete a channel on Roku. Deleting Roku channels is a very simple process, especially because of its easier-to-navigate user interface. If you experience any problems while applying these steps, you can get in touch with the support team at Roku. The professional experts are available 24*7 to help you with these issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I block a TV channel?
- Firstly, press the menu, and then go to Apps & More > Settings > Parental Controls to display the Parental Controls screen.
- Enable Parental Controls, if they are disabled.
- Now, select Modify adjacent to Modify Parental Restrictions and click ok to open the Parental Controls screen. Enter the parental lock code in the window that appears.
- Go to Control Channels and press ok.
- From the Channel Restrictions screen, select the channels for which you want to restrict access and click the OK button.
How do I block adult content on my smart TV?
- Press MENU and go to select Settings, then choose Parental Controls and press OK.
- To choose a PIN, select Parental Locking and tap OK.
- Now, enter a four-digit PIN using the number buttons on your remote control.
- From the ‘Parental Locking’ screen that appears on the screen, select Lock Adult Programs and press OK.
How do I block YouTube on Roku?
- Tap the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
- Scroll up or down and choose Settings, and then choose Parental controls.
- Then, choose the TV/movie rating limits that you have to restrict and/or block unrated programs.