Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is one of the best methods to stream online TV shows or movies or even watch live events. But you cannot access all the features of the TV if you don’t know how to set up Firestick remote control properly. You must know how to pair your Amazon Fire Stick remote to enjoy binge-watching your favorite shows with ease. so in this article, we will see How to program amazon fire stick remote with easy and simple steps.
How do I Pair My Amazon Firestick Remote?
Connecting your Amazon Firestick remote is quite an easy and simple process. All you have to do is press the Home button for at least five to six seconds. Then you will notice that light will start blinking on top of your remote. Your connection is successfully set up if there appears an on-screen message or three blue lights.
Sometimes, your Amazon Fire Stick may be automatically connected with your Fire TV. You just have to turn on your TV and start streaming. However, your remote will sometimes get disconnected from your Fire TV and need to pair manually.
Quick Steps to Pair Your Amazon Fire Stick Remote
Follow the steps given below in order to pair your Amazon Fire Stick Remote and to enjoy online streaming:
- Remove all the cables connected to your Fire Stick for a minimum of one minute.
- Then remove the batteries from your remote and then re-insert them again. Then, insert another set of batteries.
- Next, connect your Fire Stick again into the power socket.
- When your device starts up, keep pressing the Home button on your remote to start its pairing mode.
- Wait till the lights on your remote start blinking.
- Your remote will be successfully paired when the menu appears on your TV screen.
Amazon Fire Stick also allows you to connect it with a compatible third-party remote. You can add up to seven remote controls to your Fire Stick and to connect beyond this limit, you have to un-pair one of them.
How to Program Your Mobile as a Fire Stick Remote?
You can also use your phone as a Fire Stick remote, but for this, you need to download and install the Amazon Fire TV app on it. Open the app and click on your Fire TV device. Then, sign in with your Amazon login credentials and enter the PIN that appears on your TV on your phone.
The Amazon Fire TV app is an alternative option that you can use to avoid buying a new remote. You can easily download the app on your Amazon Fire phone, Fire Tablet, Android device, or iOS device with version 7.0 or latest.
Follow the steps given below to program your mobile as an amazon fire stick remote:
Firstly, download and install the Amazon Fire TV app on your phone. You can find the app on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store for Android and iOS devices respectively. It is recommended to download the app from AMZN Mobile LLC.
- Once the app is successfully downloaded, open it and select your Fire TV device. The app will display a list of devices at the bottom of your app screen.
- Enter your Amazon username and password to sign in to your account.
- Enter the four-digit PIN on your TV to your app.
- You can now control your TV screen using your phone. Once it is successfully paired, you will see your remote buttons on your smartphone screen. You can then use your device as a remote, or use it to connect a new remote by following certain steps.
How can I reset Amazon Fire TV Stick?
If you are experiencing any problems with your Amazon Fire TV Stick, like it may get slow or your screen has gone blank, then you need to restore your device. You have to follow certain steps to reset Firestick remote to factory conditions. You can reset your Firestick with your remote control by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, turn on your TV and Fire Stick device.
- Keep pressing the Back button and the Right directional button for a minimum of 10-20 seconds.
- Click on the Reset button when the pop-up message appears on your screen.
Wait a few minutes till the resetting process is finished. Meanwhile, it is advised not to unplug the device from the power socket during the whole process. If the power supply gets cut off, you may have to start the whole process from scratch.
how to pair Firestick remote to tv
- Plug your Firestick device into your TV and turn on both devices.
- Make sure that your Firestick remote has fresh batteries.
- Hold down the Home button on your Firestick remote for at least 10 seconds until the pairing screen appears.
- Wait for your TV to display a message that the remote is paired.
- If your TV does not display the pairing message, hold down the Home button on your Firestick remote for an additional 10 seconds.
- If the pairing process is still unsuccessful, restart your Firestick device and try again.
Once your Firestick remote is successfully paired with your TV, you can use it to navigate through the Firestick interface and control your TV’s volume and power settings.
The Firestick remote not pairing
- Check the batteries: Ensure that your remote has working batteries. If the batteries are low or dead, replace them with new ones.
- Restart the Firestick: Unplug the Firestick from the power source, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. This can help reset the device and make it easier to pair the remote.
- Try manual pairing: If automatic pairing is not working, you can try manual pairing. To do this, press and hold the Home button on your remote for at least 10 seconds. This should put your remote in pairing mode. Once in pairing mode, your Firestick should detect the remote.
- Reset the remote: You can also try resetting your remote to its factory settings. To do this, press and hold the Back button and the right button on the navigation ring at the same time for at least 10 seconds. This should reset the remote to its default settings and may help with pairing.
- Contact customer support: If none of the above steps work, it may be time to contact Amazon customer support for further assistance.
how to pair a new fire stick remote without the old one
- Insert the new batteries into your new Fire Stick remote.
- Ensure that your Fire Stick device is turned on and connected to your TV.
- Hold down the Home button on your new remote for at least 10 seconds.
- If you have a compatible Fire TV device, you may see a message on your TV screen asking you to hold down the Play/Pause button for five seconds to pair your remote. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you don’t see the on-screen message, you can try navigating to the “Settings” menu on your Fire Stick device using your TV remote, and then selecting “Controllers & Bluetooth Devices” > “Amazon Fire TV Remotes” > “Add New Remote.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
In conclusion, programming your Amazon Fire Stick remote is a simple process that can be done quickly and easily. Whether you want to use your remote to control your TV, soundbar, or other devices, the steps for programming are straightforward and similar across different models. Just follow the instructions carefully, and you’ll be able to use your remote to navigate and control your Fire Stick with ease.