Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is one of the best methods to stream online TV shows or movies or even watch live events. But you cannot access all the features of the TV if you don’t know how to set up Firestick remote control properly. You must know how to pair your Amazon Fire Stick remote to enjoy binge-watching your favorite shows with ease.
How do I Pair My Amazon Firestick Remote?
Connecting your Amazon Firestick remote is quite an easy and simple process. All you have to do is press the Home button for at least five to six seconds. Then you will notice that light will start blinking on top of your remote. Your connection is successfully set up if there appears an on-screen message or three blue lights.
Sometimes, your Amazon Fire Stick may be automatically connected with your Fire TV. You just have to turn on your TV and start streaming. However, your remote will sometimes get disconnected from your Fire TV and need to pair manually.
Quick Steps to Pair Your Amazon Fire Stick Remote
Follow the steps given below in order to pair your Amazon Fire Stick Remote and to enjoy online streaming:
- Remove all the cables connected to your Fire Stick for a minimum of one minute.
- Then remove the batteries from your remote and then re-insert them again. Then, insert another set of batteries.
- Next, connect your Fire Stick again into the power socket.
- When your device starts up, keep pressing the Home button on your remote to start its pairing mode.
- Wait till the lights on your remote start blinking.
- Your remote will be successfully paired when the menu appears on your TV screen.
Amazon Fire Stick also allows you to connect it with a compatible third-party remote. You can add up to seven remote controls to your Fire Stick and to connect beyond this limit, you have to un-pair one of them.
How to Program Your Mobile as a Fire Stick Remote?
You can also use your phone as a Fire Stick remote, but for this, you need to download and install the Amazon Fire TV app on it. Open the app and click on your Fire TV device. Then, sign in with your Amazon login credentials and enter the PIN that appears on your TV on your phone.
The Amazon Fire TV app is an alternative option that you can use to avoid buying a new remote. You can easily download the app on your Amazon Fire phone, Fire Tablet, Android device, or iOS device with version 7.0 or latest.
Follow the steps given below to program your mobile as an amazon fire stick remote:
Firstly, download and install the Amazon Fire TV app on your phone. You can find the app on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store for Android and iOS devices respectively. It is recommended to download the app from AMZN Mobile LLC.
- Once the app is successfully downloaded, open it and select your Fire TV device. The app will display a list of devices at the bottom of your app screen.
- Enter your Amazon username and password to sign in to your account.
- Enter the four-digit PIN on your TV to your app.
- You can now control your TV screen using your phone. Once it is successfully paired, you will see your remote buttons on your smartphone screen. You can then use your device as a remote, or use it to connect a new remote by following certain steps.
How can I reset Amazon Fire TV Stick?
If you are experiencing any problem with your Amazon Fire TV Stick, like it may get slow or your screen has gone blank, then you need to restore your device. You have to follow certain steps to reset Firestick remote to factory conditions. You can reset your Firestick with your remote control by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, turn on your TV and Fire Stick device.
- Keep pressing the Back button and the Right directional button for a minimum of 10-20 seconds.
- Click on the Reset button when the pop-up message appears on your screen.
Wait a few minutes till the resetting process is finished. Meanwhile, it is advised not to unplug the device from the power socket during the whole process. If the power supply gets cut off, you may have to start the whole process from the scratch.