Every time when your Roku remote blinks any light, it is indicating the status of your equipment. There might be some issues while pairing or controlling your remote with any device. Of course, this blinking of light creates interference with our viewing experience and it is important to get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
Sometimes, you may feel frustrated while pairing your remote with the set-top box. Here, in this article, check a detailed list of what you can do if you encounter a blinking light on your Roku remote. We have also mentioned why is my Roku remote blinking, and different light indicators that you may encounter while using it.
What Does a Flashing Roku Remote Green Light Mean?
As explained, there are many reasons for any light blinking on your Roku remote. As a Roku user, you should be familiar with those causes and a proper workaround. Some of you may face Roku remote not working issue because of an unresponsive remote. Make sure your remove is compatible with the device with whom you have to connect it.
You can access all your favorite shows only if you have a working remote control. There should be a proper connection between your Roku remote and all the streaming players. Otherwise, you would have problem while pairing your streaming player using an unresponsive remote.
What Causes Roku Remote Blinking Green Light Issue?
There are many reasons why your Roku remote flashes green light. Some of these are given below:
- Sometimes, the remote would suddenly stop responding because of low battery. In such cases, it will start blinking light.
- The continuous flashing of the remote light can be due to poor quality led used from the manufacturer-side.
- The remote also turns warm after continuous usage for sometimes, in such cases, keep the remote idle for a while.
- Some users claim that long usage of batteries causes such problems. Your remote might stop flashing lights and start working properly if you replace the batteries.
How Do I Fix Blinking Light on Roku Remote?
Now, it’s time to troubleshoot the issue with your remote control. There are several methods that you can try to solve your Roku remote flashing green light issues. Check each of them in detail from the below-given section:
Method 01: Remove Obstructions (For IR Controllers)
IR controllers always need a direct line of sight to operate. In such cases, you need to ensure that there are no obstructions in between it and your set-top box. You can also switch channels on your Roku TV or other streaming players by holding your device above your head.
Method 02: Check Whether Your Remote Is Properly Set Up
It is important to have a proper setup of your Roku remote before using it. In case, if you don’t know its PIN, you can perform Roku pin reset process to re-gain access. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps in order to have proper setup of your controller:
- Firstly, connect your controller to the internet. Make sure your device has stable internet connection.
- Then, configure the display type that appears on the screen. This will help you to access the Remote Settings.
- Select your TV manufacturer and press Yes to confirm it. If your device manufacturer is not mentioned in the list, enter it manually instead.
- Now, again click on the Yes button to confirm your selection.
- At last, click OK button to continue accessing your Roku shows.
Method 03: Perform A Hard Reset
You can also hard reset your Roku remote when Roku remote green light won’t stop blinking. This will be helpful mainly if the issue is not because of defective batteries. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, open the back cover of your device’s battery and remove the batteries and the power cable of your streaming box.
- Now, again plug the power cable back in after waiting for about 5-7 minutes.
- Switch ON your TV and wait for the Roku home screen. If it appears, place the batteries back in the battery compartment.
Once you are done with the above steps, wait for about 30 seconds till your device connects to the streaming player.
Hope this above article helps you to fix issues due to the green color light blinking on Roku remote. If the issue still persists, you can get in touch with Roku technical support team. The professional expert team will offer the best services and assistance to bring your Roku remote to a working state.