Every Roku player has its own remote control to manage all its functions. But, unlike most of the other remotes, Roku remotes connect wirelessly with their players. That means, if you have lost your remote or it stops working properly, you may be unable to watch your shows. Luckily, there are some methods that you can try to fix this problem. There are various methods to use your Roku device without a remote control. You must know how to do a proper Roku tv setup and various methods to connect to a wireless network.
How do I Connect Roku To Wifi Without a Remote or Hotspot?
You need to download the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet to connect it with any device. It will only work when you connect your device and the Roku app to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku player. Then select your device in the app and click on the remote button. Follow the steps given below to connect the Roku app to Wifi without remote:
- First of all, launch the Settings app and click on the Mobile Hotspot option.
- Further, activate the Mobile Hotspot service and click on the OK button to confirm.
- Connect your device that has Roku app with the same network.
- Then, launch the Roku application and click on the remote icon.
- Once the remote is properly launched, connect your Roku app to the Wifi and check if everything is working properly.
These steps will work only if you lost your Roku remote at your home. However, this method doesn’t seem to be good if you are at a hotel, as you can’t connect your Roku device with the same WiFi network as it was previously connected to.
How to Connect Your Roku App Through a Mobile Hotspot?
You can also use the mobile hotspot to connect the Roku player and the app. For this, you have to set up your mobile hotspot with the same name and password as the WiFi network of your Roku device. Follow the steps given below to connect your Roku app using a mobile hotspot:
- Connect your Roku device with the mobile hotspot.
- Enter the same name and password for your hotspot as the last network that you have used earlier to connect to Roku player.
- Then you have to connect your other device to the same hotspot. For this, go through Settings > General > Wi-Fi.
- Next, download and open the Roku app on your other device and then go to the Devices option and choose your Roku player.
- Next, click on the remote icon. This makes you able to use the Roku app to control your Roku device.
- Then use the remote on the app to open the Settings of your Roku device. Next, select the Network with which you want to connect it. Then go to Set up connection and choose Wireless option.
- Once done, click on OK on your remote and choose a new network.
- At last, enter the WiFi password and click Connect tap.
How to Use Roku Without A Remote?
You can easily use Roku app if you know how to pair a Roku remote with your device. But, have you ever wondered what if Roku won’t connect to wifi. In such a case, you need to follow the steps given below to use Roku app without a remote.
- Download and install Roku app. Then, launch it on your device.
- Then, navigate to the settings of the device and choose a remote option. You can use this remote tab to control the app. It is advised to use it as per your need and to explore through the channels just like a real remote.
- After tweaking all the settings, connect the Roku device with a remote app.
- You can only connect the Roku device with an online remote if the mobile and device both are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
The above-mentioned steps will allow you to access the Roku device even if you don’t know its password. To avoid any problem, you can reset your Roku app. For this, you must know how to reset Roku. However, if you facing any specific problem while connecting Roku device with an online remote, you can refer to their manual guide. You can also contact their customer care team in case of any other issues.